Hypersonix’s patented technology, initially developed at the University of Minnesota, produces a superior nanostructured coating. Due to its nanostructured nature, these films have outstanding mechanical properties that surpass other films on the market today.
- Hardness: ≥ 30 GPa
- Fracture Resistance: 3.17 MPa * m1/2
- Particle Size: < 50 nm
- Surface Roughness: 300 nm 1/2
- Max Temperature: 2500 °C
- Chemical and mechanical bonding for excellent adhesion
- Resists Corrosion, Oxidation and Erosion
- Machine Tools and Micro Machine Tool Industry
- Oil and Gas Industry
- Medical Industry
- Aviation and Aerospace Industry
- Power Generation
- Industrial Equipment
Hypersonix is capable of producing coatings which are harder, denser, and more fracture resistant than standard silicon carbide, and most diamond-like coatings found in industrial tooling today.
HPPD Coated Drill Bit
HPPD Coated Inserts
SEM images were taken at the Characterization Facility of the University of Minnesota, which is partially funded by the National Science Foundation.